Guys and Girls and People!
We always get super-excited at Sunday Assembly when we get to hire someone new to work for this wonderful movement. So it is a very special day indeed when we get to announce that we are looking to recruit not one but two great new people to two amazing positions at the heart of the Sunday Assembly.
We’ve included details of both positions below.
Position One: Chief Operating Officer
We’re looking for a Chief Operating Officer who will be responsible for effectively managing the internal operations of the Sunday Assembly.
We want you to be at the heart of delivering all the vital and wonderful things which make the Sunday Assembly the most exciting social movement in the world today.
We are a social start up, with big dreams, lightning growth, a global reach, and we are dedicated to helping everyone (and we mean everyone) live life as fully as possible. With over 65 Sunday Assembly chapters in 10 countries we are a global local organisation that is making a difference.
If you want to be part of that, then please read on for the full details.
You will be responsible for leading on the following areas:
- Oversight and project planning of all key organisational milestones
- Financial planning and financial modelling
- Strategy development and strategic planning
- Preparing the organisation for social investment
- Implementation of effective governance structures both UK and International
- Project management including the build of new Sunday Assembly platform
- You will join the Leadership Team and will work closely with the CEO and the Chief Community Creator to determine and oversee the delivery of the organisation’s key strategic priorities.
- You will also join the Board of Directors of Sunday Assembly America and Sunday Assembly Holland.
- You will work closely with the Treasurer and the CEO to ensure the sound financial management of the organisation
You definitely need to have:
- Experience in organisations developing digital products, software or web platforms
- Project management experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- An excellent eye for detail and great organisational skills.
- Lots of initiative, self-motivation and good ideas
- A passion for building really fun communities.
It would be great if you had:
- Developed web start ups from growth to scale.
- Developed multiple reliable revenue streams from a large audience or network (in either a charity or a business).
- Experience of grants and funding applications
- A chance to build a historic, global movement.
- The opportunity to form part of the Management Team of an international, social movement
- Work for one of Nesta and The Observer’s 50 New Radicals, 2014 and winners of Unltd’s Big Venture Challenge 2015.
Salary – £30k+ (subject to experience)
To apply please send your CV, and covering letter explaining why you are the one for us to email@example.com by 22 July. The role is based in London, and we can’t wait to hear from you.
Position Two: Community Creator for Sunday Assembly London
With over 400 people meeting twice a month in Holborn, we are now hiring our first full time Community Creator to take the organisation to the next level. London is the flagship of the Sunday Assembly movement and this role will not only be building the London community, but will have a huge impact on the design of all future secular congregations.
You will be helping hundreds of people live happy and fulfilled lives while updating the church model for the 21st century in an inclusive way – sound interesting?
As Community Creator, you will:
- Be the beating heart of our team of dedicated volunteers to bring the best out of them and to help our community to flourish.
- Be a creative thinker with the ability to come up with new solutions for building caring communities.
- Be passionate about social enterprise and delivering social impact.
- Be well organised as the key producer of the Sunday Assembly services (while allowing volunteers room to shine).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design new methods (using technology and face to face meetings) to support our thriving community of volunteers and recruit new participants.
- Develop and test new revenue models for Sunday Assembly London.
- Monitor, evaluate and optimise the social impact of the Sunday Assembly London activities.
- Coordinate communications via the Sunday Assembly newsletter and social media channels.
- Help plan content for the Sunday Assembly gatherings – book speakers, choose songs etc – fitting with our motto: Live Better, Help Often, Wonder More.
- Design new ways to help participants achieve our vision: To Help Everyone Live Life As Fully As Possible.
- Attend Sunday Assemblies on first and third Sundays of each month.
- Singing along enthusiastically at the Sunday Assembly (perfect pitch NOT required).
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a flair for networking and building relationships
- Excellent organisational ability with sound project management skills
- Highly literate with fantastic written communication skills
- Creative approach to fundraising and volunteer management
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook
- Live event management and/or performance background a bonus.
- Must be able to connect easily with people of all backgrounds and be a great person.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to enthuse others and deliver goals.
- Fast learner; able to reflect on performance and take responsibility for professional development.
- You’ll probably enjoy thinking about the bigger questions in life.
You might have had experience in:
Community Management, Sales, Service Design, Community Organising, Social Enterprise.
Salary – £30k
Please send you CV and covering letter explaining why you are the one for us to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 July.
We can’t wait to hear from you.