The Sunday Assembly is an international not-for-profit that helps people start and run their own godless congregations. Our motto: Live Better, Help Often and Wonder More. Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfil their full potential.
Since starting in London in January 2013 we have helped 27 communities start their own Assemblies, and we’re on track to triple that number by the end of the year. With Assemblies launching in Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Vancouver, Toowoomba, Glasgow, and Baltimore to name just a few of our new congregations.
With all this activity we’re looking for a Chief Operating Officer who will be responsible for the administrative, volunteer management and project planning of the movement – to effectively manage the internal operations of the Sunday Assembly.
We are a small start up, with big dreams, lightning growth, a global reach, and we are dedicated to helping everyone (and we mean everyone) lead fulfilled and happy lives. If you want to be part of that, the please read on for the full details….
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring Assembly volunteer teams are meeting regularly and working effectively.
- Work to develop Sunday Assembly strategy.
- Manage project planning tools and software.
- Put in place processes for volunteer management.
- Be the first point of contact with Assembly enquiries.
You definitely need to have:
- A friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and encouraging attitude.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A flexible attitude and ability to take initiative.
- An excellent eye for detail and great organisational skills.
- Lots of initiative, self-motivation and good ideas
- An interest in building communities and changing the world
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in software and web platforms.
- Written grants and funding applications before
- Worked in the social enterprise and charity sector.
- A chance to build this historic movement.
- The opportunity to work with very talented, inspiring volunteers.
- 6 month contract working full (longer as we get more funds)
- Salary – dependent on experience
To apply please send your CV, and covering letter explaining why you are the one for us, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The role is based in London, and we can’t wait to hear from you.